Friday, November 22, 2013

Meanwhile!

It's over four years since I started this blog (and abandoned it!) In the intervening time, I have, inevitably, matured by just living. I have become wiser and humbled up too. Not sure which is the cause and which the effect. I have, quite slowly, realised that I deserve what is mine and at the same time, am responsible to others to merit this. I have become my mentee and mentor. While I am my own, arguably, toughest critic, I have also chosen to nurture myself with the care and compassion that one usually demands from the rest of the world.

For the longest time, I just blurted out my words, without care or caution, regarding how it would be received, or even the harm I might be doing to myself. For as long as I recall, I have been more concerned with style than substance, with form than function, in whatever I ventured. In many of my past interactions, I just kept speaking, sticking to my point of view, and not listening to good advice, when I should have.

But now is always a good time to start learning and keep learning. In the end that’s all that matters. I have eventually understood the obvious: If I keep training and learning, physically, emotionally and intellectually - better health, and increased wealth, well-being and wisdom are inevitable consequences.

My karma will work itself out, and so, I can stop worrying and just keep caring! 

No comments: